We’re excited to collaborate with The Privacy and Big Data Institute at Ryerson University to bring you a two-day workshop on Big Data. Understanding and leveraging the rapid growth of data is an asset to organizations. Our instructors dive into the many facets of Big Data with a hands-on approach. Day 1 is designed for business professionals looking to enter the world of Big Data and Day 2 is for professionals with a technical background looking to learn about Apache Spark. Attend both days or just one but remember, space is limited!
Who should attend? The workshop is designed for students and professionals in the Information Management field, including Managers, Technical Marketing, Sales, Project Managers, Educators, Engineers, Developers, Architects, Analysts. While Day 1 focuses on the business perspective, all technicians would benefit from attending. For Day 2, attendees must have a background in SQL and working knowledge of one object-oriented programming language.
- What is Big Data?
- Emerging Big Data Technologies
- Real World Use Cases
- Which solutions to use for which purpose?
- Organizational impacts: people, skills, structure, architecture, infrastructure
- How to get there: evolution vs revolution
- Introduction to Data Science and Predictive Analytics
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Data Visualization
- Apache Spark Overview, Key Concepts and Libraries
- Introduction to Large-Scale Real-time Systems
- Handling Real-time Streaming Data
- Hands-on Exercise: Spark Streaming
- Learn Spark SQL by Examples
- Hands-on Exercise: Spark SQL – Importing Data
- Hands-on Exercise: Spark SQL – Analyzing Data
About Ryerson University
Ryerson is Canada’s leader in innovative, career-focused education and a university clearly on the move. It is a distinctly urban university with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. Ryerson has a mission to serve societal need and a long-standing commitment to engaging its community.
About The Privacy & Big Data Institute
The Privacy and Big Data Institute at Ryerson University is a multi-disciplinary hub for experts and students engaged in data-driven research, innovation and education. The Institute’s mission is to become Canada’s pre-eminent institution on privacy and data analytics issues, and an international leader in socially responsible policy development and technology innovation, through applied research, education, and community outreach.